Wisconsin Rental Assistance Program
The impact of COVID-19 has been extremely challenging, especially for people experiencing poverty. Many are struggling to make ends meet, put food on their table, and facing eviction from their homes. On March 27, Governor Evers‘ announced the Wisconsin Rental Assistance Program to provide relief to renters facing eviction due to COVID-19.
The Division of Energy, Housing, and Community Resources partnered with the Wisconsin Community Action Program Association to administer the $25 million allocation to residents of Wisconsin. As a result, SDC received $5.7 million to assist residents of Milwaukee, Ozaukee, and Washington counties with rental assistance. Thousands of people contacted SDC expressing a need for help even before the program launched.
On Monday, June 8 we launched the WRAP program. With additional staff hired, we have been working as fast as possible to contact and process applications for the WRAP program. If you need help paying rent or obtaining a security deposit to secure housing, you may qualify for assistance.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Complete the electronic form using the link below. Be sure to complete the requested information including your best contact number and county where you live.
- Please look at the general eligibility guidelines below and check the website regularly for updates.
This program is made possible through funding from the Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The Wisconsin Rental Assistance Program will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis, and the program will expire once CARES funding is exhausted.
If you reside outside of Milwaukee, Ozaukee, and Washington Counties please click the following link to find your service provider. https://doa.wi.gov/Secretary/WRAP-CAPContacts.pdf
General Eligibility Guidelines
- Meet all the non-financial and financial eligibility criteria
- An adult Wisconsin resident
- Household income at or below 80% County Median Income (CMI) in the month prior to the date of application
- Persons at or below 60% CMI receive priority
- Only one recipient per qualified household
- Must provide documentation showing a loss of employment or a reduction in income due to COVID 19
- The following will not qualify for WRAP:
- Assistance needed for public rental assistance (Public Housing Program, Section 8 HCV and PBV programs, etc.)
- Mortgage payment
CR-Social Development Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. If you need this information interpreted to a language you understand or in a different format, please contact La Toya Jones, Equal Opportunity Officer, at 414-906-2823 or email@example.com. Callers who are deaf or hearing or speech-impaired may reach us at Wisconsin Relay Number 711.