Weatherization Really Works!
Click the button below to access the online application.
What is Weatherization
- Reduce your home heating bills.
- Save energy.
- Make your home more comfortable: warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
Some of the services could include:
- Insulation of walls and attics
- Air sealing
- Install energy efficient compact flourescent bulbs
- Test, repair or replace furnaces and water heaters
- Replace inefficient refrigerators with Energy Star units
- Perform a general health and safety inspection of the home
- Provide information about maintenance and energy conservation
How do I Qualify?
- Applying for Energy Assistance is the first step in determining your eligibility.
- Schedule an appointment with Community Advocates or UMOS (414.270.4653)
- Your house or apartment (up to 4 units) has not been weatherized before.
- 50% of the building’s tenants must qualify for Energy Assistance (Example: A 4-unit building would need two tenants to qualify for the program).
- Your household meets certain priorities that may include a high energy burden or use, an elderly or disabled member or a child under six.
- If you qualify, you will be referred to either SDC’s Weatherization Program, La Casa de Esperanza or Partners for Community Development’s Weatherization Program.
- Contact SDC’s Weatherization Program at 414.906.2727 or email us at email@example.com to request an application from.
CR-Social Development Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. If you need this information interpreted to a language you understand or in a different format, please contact La Toya Jones, Equal Opportunity Officer, at 414-906-2823 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Callers who are deaf or hearing or speech-impaired may reach us at Wisconsin Relay Number 711.
1730 West North Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53205
6850 North Teutonia Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53209
9155 North 76th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53223
2968 South Chase Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53207
Connect With Us