Weatherization Really Works!
Do you receive Energy Assistance? Do you rent or own your home? If you answered yes to these questions, contact SDC’s Weatherization program to find out if we can SAVE YOU MONEY on your energy bills!
SDC’s Weatherization program is a service provided at no cost to the tenant or owner of a qualified home. Basic weatherization services can reduce your home heating bills and help you save energy. Your home is your sanctuary and we want to help make your home more comfortable: warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
If your primary heating system no longer provides heat, is inoperable, or becomes unsafe, SDC’s Weatherization services may provide assistance to eligible low-income Wisconsin households. through the Home Energy Plus (HE+) Furnace Program.
Weatherization services may include:
- Insulation of walls and attics
- Air sealing
- Install energy efficient compact fluorescent bulbs
- Test, repair or replace furnaces and water heaters
- Replace inefficient refrigerators with Energy Star units
- Home Energy Plus (HE+) Furnace Program
If you have not already, applying for Energy Assistance is the first step in determining your eligibility for SDC’s Weatherization services. SDC does not provide energy assistance, but you can schedule an appointment with Community Advocates or UMOS (414.270.4653) to get the process started.
- Your house or apartment (up to 4 units) has not been previously weatherized.
- 50% of the building’s tenants must qualify for Energy Assistance (Example: A 4-unit building would need two tenants to qualify for the program).
- Your household meets certain priorities that may include a high energy burden or use, an elderly or disabled member or a child under six.
- If you qualify, you will be referred to either SDC’s Weatherization Program, La Casa de Esperanza or Partners for Community Development’s Weatherization Program.
To get the process started, please complete the Weatherization application below.
Contact SDC’s Weatherization Program at 414.906.2727 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions.
Click the button below to access the online application.
We are here to help those individuals and families find their pathway to success. We encourage you to check out some of our other services that may help you find your path, especially during these troubling times.
CR-Social Development Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. If you need this information interpreted to a language you understand or in a different format, please contact La Toya Jones, Equal Opportunity Officer, at 414-906-2823 or email@example.com.. Callers who are deaf or hearing or speech-impaired may reach us at Wisconsin Relay Number 711.
1730 West North Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53205
2968 South Chase Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53207
9155 North 76th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53223
9004 West Lincoln Avenue
West Allis, WI 53227
6850 North Teutonia Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53209
Connect With Us