Career & Skill Enhancment
Need a job? Or a better job?
You’ve come to the right place.
Looking for a job is a fulltime job and the search isn’t easy. One minute we’re confident and optimistic, then a rejection call knocks us back. Sometimes it makes us feel like giving up.
Hang in there.
This is a process.
And a job coach can help.
How do we know? We’ve successfully coached people just like you.
Our career enhancement programs provide a full scope of career readiness training and employment placement services to people who encounter challenges in maintaining sustainable employment.
Our programs help participants develop transferable job skills to lead to family sustaining jobs.The program is expected to provide the following benefits for participants:
- Provide opportunities for clients to get entry-level jobs from local employers
- Improve wage levels, increase access to employer supported benefits, and provide opportunities for advancement in the workplace
- Enhance professional skills and become more competitive in the job market
- Identify new personal skills and ways to move toward self-sufficiency
- Retain jobs for longer periods of time (jobs are more satisfying and family friendly)
Skills Enhancement Training
This emphasizes short-term, demand-driven, job-focused post-secondary trainings. SEP helps participants overcome barriers to education by providing financial assistance to help pay tuition and fees to attend classes and training. Staff provide job coaching, and work with participants to develop individualized training goals that reflect their interest, aptitude and local job opportunities.
Please contact our Career Enhancement and Workforce Development department for more details at 414.906.2711.
Be a part of a fast growing industry. Sign up today!!
SDC does not discriminate in its programs, activities, facilities, employment, or educational opportunities on the basis of a
person’s sex, race, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or disability.