No GED or HSED?
Do you want to get a jump start on a new career? Begin now by taking classes in one of three college career pathways and earn your GED at the same time! If you have an interest in exploring administrative, pre-construction or healthcare career track, register by August while going to school to earn your GED.
Classes begin Monday, August 28 and we encourage application to the program by Friday, August 18, sooner if you need to apply for financial aid (see deadline below).
Pre-college classes are offered during the day and are held at the MATC Education Center at Walker's Square (816 W. National Avenue, Milwaukee). GED classes are held at the Social Development Commission (SDC) (1730 W. North Avenue).
Certificates in three career pathways are offered:
- Healthcare Customer Service - a 7 credit program leading to employment or for a continuation in any of hte following diploma programs:
- Medical Coding
- Medical Assistant
- Health Unit Coordinator
- Pre-Construction - earn a 7 credit certificate program leading to employment or for a continuation in any of hte following diploma programs:
- Appliance Technician
- Masonry & Technician
- Administrative Professional - a 7 credit program leading to employment or for continuation in any of hte following diploma programs:
- Office Technology Assistant
- Bilingual Office Assistant
- Administrative Professional Associal Degree
The ability to apply for Finanical Aid is available. The deadline to complete paperwork is Tuesday, August 8 in order to meet the deadline to submit the application, Monday, August 14.
You must be enrolled in a GED course. Learn more and apply for SDC's GED class.
Download Information Flyer
SDC does not discriminate in its programs, activities, facilities, employment, or educational opportunities on the basis of a person’s
sex, race, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or disability.