With YouthBuild, GET PAID TO LEARN construction skills AND earn your GED or HSED at the same time.
The best part is it's all FREE!
YouthBuild provides job training and educational opportunities for youth while assisting in the construction or rehabilitation of affordable housing for low-income or homeless families in their own communities.
YouthBuild, in partnership with Ezekiel Community Development Corporation, offers low-income Milwaukee County residents (ages 18 - 24) the chance to obtain valuable job training for the construction field. In addition to free job training, participants complete the GED or HSED program at no cost.
The YouthBuild program includes:
- Basic and OSHA Construction Safety*
- Introduction to Construction math
- Introduction to Hand Tools*
- Introduction to Power Tools*
- Introduction to Construction Drawings*
- Introduction to Basic Rigging*
- Basic Communication Skills*
- Basic Employability Skills
- Introduction to Material Handling*
- Career Enhancement Skills
- Hands-on training at real job sites
*Modules require performance testing in addition to passing written exams.
Graduates earn both national OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health) and construction certifications.
We also guarantee employment assistance for graduates.
You MUST attend one of the MANDATORY orientation sessions. REGISTER NOW!
Classes start in January 2018, and are held at the Social Development Commission (1730 W. North Avenue, Milwaukee).
In Partnership With
SDC does not discriminate in its programs, activities, facilities, employment, or educational opportunities on the basis of a
person’s sex, race, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or disability.