Learn more about Senior Companions
Our Program - SDC Senior Companions help their elderly neighbors by providing:
* Escorts on walks, shopping trips, and medical appointments.
* Information on other services.
* Help with household tasks.
Requirements - To become a Senior Companion you must be:
* At least 55 years of age.
* Unemployed or retired.
* Interested in helping people.
Benefits - Senior Companions receive:
* A tax-free income that does not affect other benefits such as SSI, Medicaid or rent.
* Reimbursement for mileage and/or bus fare.
* The chance to make new friends.
* The satisfaction of helping others.
Paid training includes:
* An orientation course to give you the tools you need to get the most out of your experience.
* Monthly In-Service sessions to help you learn about resources, programs, and health tips for the elderly.
For more info please call
(414) 906-2700 ext. 2779
Senior Companions brochure (PDF)