The Career Enhancement program is to designed to provide a full scope of career readiness training and employment placement services to low-income residents who encounter challenges in maintaining sustainable employment. The program helps individuals gain transferable job skills which will help them secure better jobs that provide long term self-sufficiency and in positions that meet an individual’s interests and capabilities. The program is expected to provide the following benefits for participants:
- Provide opportunities for clients to get entry-level jobs from local employers
- Improve wage levels, increase access to employer supported benefits, and provide opportunities for advancement in the workplace
- Enhance professional skills and become more competitive in the job market
- Identify new personal skills and ways to move toward self-sufficiency
- Retain jobs for longer periods of time (jobs are more satisfying and family friendly)
Please contact our Career Enhancement and Workforce Development department for more details at 414.906.2711.
SDC does not discriminate in its programs, activities, facilities, employment, or educational opportunities on the basis of a
person’s sex, race, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or disability.