Ways to Help SDC Programs
The focus of many clients who participate in SDC’s programs is to improve their lives through a variety of avenues, and many others benefit from services such as the Senior Companion Program. Hundreds make the commitment to obtain an education and others to grow their leadership skills. Homebound seniors are able to stay in their homes with the assistance of Senior Companions. One thing every client has in common is that they are classified as low-income and often cannot afford basic supplies many of us take for granted.
Donations allow clients to enjoy the experience of wearing a cap and gown as they walk across the stage to receive a diploma. Young people who are part of our Youth Advisory Board have the opportunity to take part in the Youth Development Program’s college tour and visit colleges and universities to encourage their dreams of higher education and get a glimpse of the collegiate experience. Youth participants are able to start the school year with hygiene items and basic school supplies they often cannot afford.
Donations of any size have a tremendous impact on the lives of youth, adults, and seniors.
- $500 sponsors the cost of one student's college tour
- $250 sponsors half the costs of one student's tour
- $100 sponsors 20% of one student's tour
- $45 sponsors snacks for youth participating in after school programming
- $25 donation can purchase one backpack
- $20 donation can purchase a cap & gown for HSED/GED graduate
- $15 donation can purchase several personal hygiene items (body wash, lotion, toothpaste, etc.)
You can have more of an impact on one person’s life than you know!
Contact LaToya Jones via phone 414.906.2823 or email.
Your consideration and generosity are valued and appreciated!